Sunday, April 15, 2012

Seeing blue again

I also did a set of hand dyed Blue cotton scarves.  I used a large skein of hand dyed blue and the last bit of the skein of half navy/ half blue that Mum used for her scarves.  I pulled the warp for the scarves in three sections because I was unsure if I would have enough of the hand dyed cotton.
Well my math was wrong and I came up short so I needed to add a couple of extra threads on the edges. I used Orlec in turquoise and a navy, I was able to use all the blue hand dyed cotton up and that was the point!
For the first scarf the weft is a pale blue/grey Orlec and the pattern is Finnish Lace.  The blocks are large, about 1.5 inches.  I have forgotten how much I liked this draft; I originally did this pattern as a table runner.
These scarves wove up really fast, the only photo I have of the second scarf is at the just off the loom one!  The second scarf has smaller blocks and the weft is a darker blue Orlec.
I really enjoyed weaving these scarves.  The planning of the warp was the hardest part to use up all the hand dyed blue cotton.  I can't wait to see them finished! 

3 comments:

dorothylochmaben said...

I love the colours !

Loree Jackson said...

Love the colors with this pattern!

Susan said...

What a beautiful shade of blue! The lace being in definite blocks help to push it forward in the colours.

Nicely done!

Susan