Monday, February 24, 2020

Tea Towels ~ Home Stretch

Finally my tea towels are off the loom, but in my haste I cut off the warp after nine tea towels instead of the ten I should have woven.  Obviously I was done, done, done with this project!
There is something so very satisfying seeing the big fat roll of tea towels and all the promise they hold.
This is just a beauty shot of the tea towels fanned out, such a happy moment!
Now that the tea towels have been washed, pressed and had the hems pinned up. I get to sit in the sun and sew them.  I prefer to sew the hems by hand as I have had mixed results with machining them.  I always seem to get them pulled out of whack.  I now have a ‘walking foot’ for my sewing machine so it may be time to try again.
I have been plodding along with my top down pullover and I’m really pleased with it.  I have amended the pattern to exclude the side split and to continue the increases in the body to make it an A line.
I am using this lovely wool in Worsted weight so I’ve had to make some adjustments there too as the pattern called for a much finer yarn.

Today in the garden the Bleeding Hearts (Dicentra spectabilis) is really showing a growth spurt, Spring is really beginning showing her beautiful face.

1 comment:

Peg Cherre said...

That certainly IS a beauty shot of those towels fanned out!