The tulips have been woven off and, man are they ever literal. I had wanted to create a suggestion of tulips, a mere hint of tulips, but nope, didn’t work, I made a picture. I was hoping that after spraying liberally with alcohol that the image would bleed nicely and tone itself down. Nah.
This is the reverse side and it has more potential, but I think I’ll set it aside for now and move forward with another idea. Thankfully, I put on enough warp to try out several ideas.
Idea number two is all about distortion, so I started to move the threads around, a pull here, a pucker there..
I really started to like the look so I introduced some ruching for more vertical distortion.
I decided to add a few silk threads in gold and green woven through the largest distortion pull. I’m rather liking this.
I think I’m happy with this look and now I have to find a name for it because that is part of the guild’s project guild lines.
Thankfully, I have enough warp to give this problem one more attempt, but I’m already pretty much over it.
The garden shot this week is a photo of how we winterize our grasses. We have eight large grasses in the garden and 'stooking' them keeps the rain off their hearts and protects them from the frost.