It was soon apparent that the singles linens just didn’t want to separate even after going through the heddles. As soon as the shaft lifted each thread seemed to grab onto its’ neighbour like a life line. No amount of strumming or moving the beater made a difference. It was just as bad behind the heddles, except I had the added advantage of nice little pills of linen being produced to make nice snarls and uneven tension for me!So, without further ado and as cavalierly as possible; I cut it off!!!
So from ‘golden hair’ to ‘gone in there’ what a blessed relief! Going to put something really, really slippery on now and know I added several hours to my life!