I was not really pleased with the selvedges on my first scarf, so I was ready to try anything other than re-threading. With 40 epi that was a not going to happen.
I decided to try the simplest of my options and I cut out the brown thread block on the left hand side.This left the pattern not quite centred, but it was not really noticeable.
After cutting the warp out, I replaced the brown floating selvedge with a doubled up natural thread. I used it doubled because it is just a tad finer and more prone to breakage.
The cut out warp was bundled up into a weighted film canister and hung off the back beam.
I had hoped to replace the natural coloured weft with another colour in this scarf and I chose a lovely soft dark peach soy silk yarn that is about 2/30. As you can see it completely muddies the pattern.
first scarf I wove, I used a very firm double beat, I beat once on the open shed and once on the closed shed to get as close to a balanced weave as possible. This made the scarf motif quite round.