Monday, February 28, 2022

Finished

Finally, the tea towels are off the loom and finished.  It seems to have taken forever.  I feel very excusey (not really a word) when I say life this past month has been hectic.

As well as our washing machine giving up the ghost, our heat pump/furnace started struggling during a very unexpected cold snap and we are waiting on replacements.  And, to add insult to injury, just when we stated getting all of that under control the microwave just stopped working.  Needless to say it has been a very frustrating and expensive month for us. 

Now that I believe we are on an upward trend I can show photos of my tea towels.

All six turned out well and I did have the bonus of freeing up all of my pirns.  It is so strange to see all 12 of them empty!

I happened to look into my tea towel drawer just after taking photos of the new tea towels and it was just plain sad.  The towels were well over 10 years old, and like the painters house, the weavers tea towels were dull.  The one on the right front was actually woven in 2006!

I decided right then and there to be my own customer and so I am keeping the lot and don’t they look fresh.  The odd one out at the back is from the linen and cotton tea towel warp I wove awhile ago.


This weeks garden shot is of some sunflowers we grew last summer.  Our hearts go out to those in Ukraine.

No comments: