As always my goal is to use partial tubes of yarn for the weft whenever possible. To that end, I’ve been weighing each tube before and after weaving; and this is when weighing in grams is a real benefit. I have found that each tea towel uses exactly 59 grams of Borg’s cotolin for a yard long tea towel.
I will admit that although I’m slow at weaving these tea towels they have been an extremely satisfying weave ~ I don’t have to concentrate too much with the treadling and the pattern really appeals to me. I will definitely use this pattern again, perhaps for a scarf or shawl.
I almost forgot to show you the beauty photos of the 8 Shaft Frond pattern shawl that I took off the loom last month. This shawl turned out just wonderfully light and supple; and since I’m a bit of a magpie and drawn to shiny things, it fills that role too.
Today’s garden shot is the Phlomis russeliana or Turkish sage. The flowers on the bottom tier are just beginning to open. This plant makes these lovely little rosettes of flowers all the way around the stem and then the stem starts growing out of the centre of the blossoms and does it all again making three or four tiers of petty yellow flowers.