Friday, January 1, 2016

Fresh Start to a New Year

Mum and I both have empty looms to start the New Year.  I have finished two twill scarves in red and gold, they are striking.  I’ll do a blog post soon on them.
Mum has just finished a hand dyed silk scarf in magenta and green.  The scarf hasn’t had its fringe twisted or been pressed but it is really special.  She’ll do a blog post soon, too!
On the warping board Mum has already pulled her newest scarf project.  It is Sea Silk in lime green, blues and purples.  I can’t wait to see it woven up.  It is not the best photo but I got photobombed by a kiwi!
My next project is going to be table linens using the Pima Cotton that we unravelled in September in September from a six ply into six individual balls.
Final Garden Shot is a Broad Tailed Hummingbird on top of the Cryptomeria japonica ‘Rasen’.  He has staked out the hummingbird feeder for the winter, this is the second year that this guy has overwintered in our neighbourhood.

No comments: