Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year’s 2018 – What is on the Looms

Happy New Year!

Here are the projects that are on the looms.  First with Mum’s loom, she has a 12 yard warp of tea towels on the loom.  The warp is navy 2/8 cotton and she has just started the first tea towel in peacock blue.  The pattern is a lovely twelve shaft twill pattern.
On my loom is nothing.  I have just cut off two pretty red lace runners.  Now I am starting to plan my next project.  I have two cones of 2/16 blue mercerized cotton that I am hoping will become a lace runner.
Final Garden shot is of the hinoki cedars ( Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Nana Gracillis") wearing their winter hats.  They need some help to stop the heavy coastal snow from bending and splitting the branches.

2 comments:

Misty said...

Wow, that navy and peacock is stunning! Beautiful pattern, too!

Peg Cherre said...

I agree with Misty - that navy and peacock is stunning.

Although I didn't post it, I did take New Year pix of my 3 looms. All naked! :-( I've now got a warp on the Macomber, and I'm the type of person that doesn't often have things on more than one loom at a time.

May your weaving be easy and beautiful throughout 2018.