Wednesday, January 10, 2018

A Crackle Echo of an Echo

Mum wove a scarf in August that I just loved; it was an Echo Crackle in orange with blue and green for the warp.  It unfortunately had some errors and now it is hers.  I loved how the colours interacted in the finished weave;  so I put on a warp with the same colours of blue and green.
In the warp photo the colours have pooled to make a stripy warp but in the threading the colours have been separated to blue, green, blue, green etc.  The threading is the same as Mum’s cayenne red scarf which she hasn’t blogged about yet!  The threading is an Echo weave so it is a parallel twill threading.

For my scarf the treadling is very different.  I used one of my original crackle treadling’s, from the lime green and navy crackle diamond runners.  It is amazing how different it looks now!  The pattern repeat is 6 inches long and gives two different large motifs almost stacked over each other.
The iridescence of this scarf is truly amazing.  The blue, green and orange mix together and make a violet colour which is so interesting and beguiling.
As always the drape and movement of Tencel is just stunning.  For Sale.
The garden shot today is of crocus's just popping up in the garden.  I marked each patch of bulbs with ceramic mushrooms so that I remembered where I put them.  Nothing worse than digging a hole to plant something and finding a bunch of bulbs already there.

1 comment:

Peg Cherre said...

That scarf is beautiful!

We're just having a January thaw here, (Rochester NY) after a long stretch of VERY cold weather. Cold and snow will return soon, so no crocus here for months.