Monday, February 13, 2023

Smoke Grey Silk Scarf

Sorry, I missed last Mondays post but I was gardening!  There was a Enkianthus campanulatus 'Red Bells' tree in the back garden that was very unhappy living under a Raywood Ash.   We dug it out and placed it in a newly expanded bed in the front garden.  Hopefully it will like its new, much sunnier spot, as it is one of my favourite flowering trees.  

I promised the final beauty shots of the coral pink sea silk scarf, and it is really pretty if I do say so myself.  The pattern is really charming and for a busy pattern it works so well with variegated warps.

Happily this coral pink sea silk scarf sold the day after I put it on Etsy.  I think it maybe the fastest item to have sold on Etsy for us.  Here is a photo of the scarf just before it was placed into the envelope; I like to wrap up the scarf like a present.

I had just started to weave the grey silk scarf last post and it is already off the loom.  It was a pleasure to weave, it may be 8 shafts with 12 treadles but the repeat is very simple.  The pattern is from Stricklers #385.

The scarf was washed and dried then it was ready for fringe twizzling.  I tried a couple of sizes of tassels, thick or thin.  

I went with thick but I didn’t like the candy cane affect on the second tassel on the left side so I treated the dark grey silk differently and went with a three strand tassel, as shown on the right side, the candy cane one is on the left and I did redo it!

There was some sunshine this week so I was able to take photos of the finished grey silk scarf.  It is quite charming in its dark and stormy way.  For sale.

Final garden photo is not actually from my garden but from outside the post office in town.  I just love seeing snowdrops (Galanthus nivalis), seeing them blooming it seems that spring is right around the corner.

No comments: