1. Colourful twill yardage - to be made into vests (?)
2. Pink and brown yardage - to be made into a cloak or cape (?)
3. Orange silk and blue Tencel scarf with beat error – to be made into a purse/bag (?)
4. 4 napkins with one sewn the wrong way - needs to be fixed
5. 2 small black and yellow squares – have no idea
6. 2 Red runners that need to be pressed and hemmed
The first items to be worked on are the napkins. I was photographing them so I could put them on Etsy when I noticed that 'one of these things is not like the other (channeling Sesame Street)!'.
The hem on one napkin had been stitched on the wrong side. I unpicked the hem and re stitched it. Now it matches the rest. For Sale.
The second project was finishing the runners; they are not really part of the 'O-pile' because I only finished weaving them in late December. The warp is 2/10 cotton and the wefts are linen single in Scarlet and cottolin in Raspberry. They are both woven in a huck lace trellis pattern.
For the hemming I used a trick that I learned from a blog post by Cindie at Eweniquely Ewe. She uses templates cut from folders to fold over the hem. For a template I used a metal ruler to press the hem, be careful pulling it out it can be quite hot!
WovenBeauty - and I'll set up a listing for you. Both of these runner are quite lovely and I am really pleased with them.
So for the New Years 'Oh Shit Pile' already two out of six are done or 1/3 done or 33% done. That seems pretty good!